Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Christmas, Part 2.

I never finished my Christmas story, and it relates to some other tales of woe that I'd like to put up on here, so I think that I should finish it.

After the vomiting, I felt that it would be prudent to go home, so I began my 1 hour journey back to Ichikawa Station and then on to my apartment. I went home and slept for about an hour, which was nice, but probably not entirely necessary. I felt fine after the projectile vomiting into the toilet.

I really, really...really...did not want to teach my night class, but it would be walking away from $100. Not a great idea, financially. So, I took the train back to Kawasaki (another hour and 20 minutes), and then went to Ofuna (30 minutes) and taught my class. On the way back to Kawasaki, I usually just jump on the Tokaido rapid line, but the Christmas train of total joy and wonderment decided to take me to Osaki instead. Oh, Happy Spirit of Christmas...thank you, Jesus. Thank you. I got off the train in Ebisu, and then went to Shinagawa, and then back to Kawasaki (total trip: over 1 hour). Keep in mind that I am, of course, starving because I rushed onto the train in Ofuna in order to make it to a Christmas party. At this point, I've officially been on the train for over 4.5 hours. And I'm starving. And super cheerful.

Anyway, let me wrap this up quickly. The party was nice, but I, naturally, missed my last train and nearly ended up spending the night in Shinagawa. I made it back to the party, however, and spent the night in a capsule hotel with a friend, who showed me the ropes. It was actually pretty nice, thanks to the public bath on the top floor. I sat in the bath (basically a huge hot tub) for a good half an hour and just absorbed my day for a while. I slept well...it was actually big enough for me...and I woke up feeling pretty good the next day, when I had another nice, long bath.

So. Yeah. Christmas in Tokyo sucked shit, but ended not-too-horribly.

No comments: