Friday, September 17, 2010

Yesterday.

I have 10 minutes to write a thoughtful, cogent post before my next class.  I'm also a bit hungover and have had less than the ideal amount of sleep.  Ahhh, a challenge.

Yesterday was the first day that I can remember in recent history when I felt happy.  I'm referring to actual happiness over the course of an extended period of time, as opposed to just a moment or two of fleeting joy smack dab in the center of an ocean of low-level depression.  Yesterday the weather finally...FINALLY...really broke, and we had a legitimately cool day and glorious, glorious rain.  The rain was too heavy in the morning, but a perfect Oregonian drizzle for the rest of the day. 

I went to my friend's art show opening.  I had a quick dinner with my roommates.  I DJed.  I came home to my roommates having a few late night drinks, in which I also partook.

As I was speed-walking in the cool rain to the bar in Koenji where I've recently been DJing, it felt like a million pounds had lifted off of my shoulders.  Seriously...fuck Tokyo summers. 

No comments: