Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Next weekend.

Next weekend promises to be fairly epic. In the spring, the cherry tree in Japan blossom, and the Japanese people go frickin' insane with the partying. On Saturday, I have two hanami (flower watching) parties, and another on Sunday. Saturday's will involve simply going to the park with food and booze and then drinking first with my friends and then with my new co-workers in the company of beautifully blooming cherry trees. We'll be located in Yoyogi Park...it's the biggest in Tokyo, and there will be a metric assload of people there. Later in the day and into the evening, soundsystems will be fired up around the park, and there will be bands and DJs and dancing and singing. In theory, it will be awesome. Big surreal events tend to remind me of Burning Man, so I'm wondering if I'll get that vibe in this case...guess we'll find out.

I also have a couchsurfer from Sweden staying with me, which should be fun. She's coming from China and staying for a few nights. Probably couldn't have picked a better time to come to Tokyo...

My last post elicited a lot of supportive emails from my friends and family, and I really appreciate it. I couldn't do this without you all cheering me on. I love you all! Even the bitchy ones (you know who you are).

No comments: