Thursday, February 12, 2009

The future and what the dang thing holds.

I have altered my plans a bit, I think. There is still a significant amount of time involved and I don't know exactly how everything will pan out here and back in the States, but I have decided to extend my visit here by a year.

My logic is this: I have certain financial goals here that I would like to achieve before I return and start school again. I'd like to get my credit card debt from college reduced. I'd like to make full payments on my student loan. I'd also like to save money for a motorcycle trip when I return to the U.S.

For a long time, now, I have dreamed of a motorcycle trip from Oregon back to Iowa, and maybe beyond. I wouldn't mind sharing some of the trip with some good friends, but I want to take the bulk of the trip by myself. Just me and some camping gear and the open road. I'd like to take a month or so, I think, when I get back, and just carve my way across the United States. The trip from Oregon to Iowa would be definite, but after that...who knows? I haven't seen the East Coast, and I haven't seen the South, and I have friends in both places who would probably be willing to show me around, if not host me outright. Combine that with camping and couchsurfing across the States and it could be the adventure of a lifetime...again.

I may have developed an addiction to these: Adventure and living my dreams. Why not?

No comments: