Monday, May 25, 2009

Holy god.

So, my prolonged financial nightmare is just determined to make itself horrible for at least another day or two.

So, after about 7 weeks without a paycheck, I have finally run completely the fuck out of money here in Tokyo. I have about 600 yen to my name, which is about 6 dollars US. I get paid on the 28th, a few days from now, but I don't think I've actually been this broke in at least 10 years. To say that it is unpleasant is a massive understatement.

My bank account in the States is inexplicably frozen. I tried to pull out some money that my parents had deposited for me...let me just interject here...I really hate borrowing money. I really, really, really, hate borrowing money. But I did. So, today, I had this nice idea that I'd just pop into a 7-11 and withdraw some cash for...you know...food, and stuff. But, no. My account is frozen.

So. Let's wrap this up, I need some sleep: My father almost died last week and is still in the hospital. I am completely out of money, to the point where I'm going to have to stiff the turnstile at the train station tomorrow. I just called my bank to see what the fuck is wrong with my account, and...surprise...it's a national fucking holiday. Bank's closed.

I look forward to being able to look back at the utter financial disaster that coming here has been and laughing and laughing and laughing. That should only take about a decade.

Anyway. I called my company and they're going to give me an advance on my paycheck. I'll call my bank tomorrow and try not to completely lose my mind on some poor sap on the phone.

No comments: