Tuesday, May 12, 2009

To be clear....

...I do not have pancreatitis, and the doctor who told me that I did is apparently an incompentent, lazy piece of shit. I have *slightly* elevated lipase levels. We're talking about 4 units above the maximum for my height/weight/age/etc. So, the max is 57 and my score was at about 61. Now...*drumroll*...cursory investigation by me, a layperson, reveals that pancreatitis typically causes elevated lipase levels of 5 to 10 times the normal maximum.

I fucking hate incompetence, and I'm not setting foot back into that goddamn clinic. They have utterly...utterly...failed to treat anything that I've seen them for in the last 6 months. Time for a switch.

So, what does this all mean, hmmm? Well, it means I need a new clinic, and I've found one. They're affiliated with Johns Hopkins, so I'm hoping (probably in vain) that I can find a doctor there who is: 1) capable of using diagnostic tools effectively, and 2) capable of correctly fucking interpreting what a drunk first-year fucking med student should be able to suss out with a minimum of effort. I found this lipase shit on Wikipedia and then confirmed it on another site after noticing that Dr. Douchebag's 47 prescriptions weren't doing a goddamn thing.

OK, I feel a little better. I'm make an appointment tomorrow. Jesus God.

*edit* it occurs to me that this post is really angry. It's the result of a lot of frustration. I'm not changing it, though, this is where I unload many of my innermost feelings, for good or bad.

No comments: