Sunday, October 12, 2008

Jet lag sucks.

It's almost 5am and I've been wide awake for an hour. I passed out early last night, around 11, but it is apparently impossible for me to get more than 5 hours of sleep in Japan. Frustrating.

I'm near Yokohama, which is a southwestern district in Tokyo. It's much quieter here than in Shibuya and there are no foreigners at all. Aside from my new host, Josh, I've only seen one other white guy in the one day that I've been here. I think I prefer the bustle of Shibuya, but it's probably good to slow things down a little.

Last night we went out for beers and dinner at a Japanese restaurant. Everything I've had to eat here has been ridiculously awesome, with the exception of a sandwich that I bought yesterday in the train station...it was kinda crappy. Anyway, we spent way too much money, which is officially going to have to stop pretty much immediately...ramen and cheap beer, here I come.

Today I'm going to my welcome-to-Tokyo party in Chiba with all of the girls I worked with last summer and probably a few from the previous years as well. I'm really excited to see everyone, although I am really tired of being tired. Maybe tonight I can kick my internal clock over once and for all. I'm thinking it's doubtful, though.

All right, I'm going to lay back down and probably not sleep at all. Lameness.

2 comments:

sherry_dooley said...

They say it takes 1 day - for every hour of travel - to get back to normal. The jet-leg will be with you for a few more days - get used to it! It sucks - but it will subside.

Ryan^2 said...

I'd heard that, but it's good to have a reminder...still jet lagged...